Mr. Romney is a shareholder of Plant Christensen & Kanell. His practice includes civil litigation at both the trial and appellate levels in several areas of law, including contract disputes, construction disputes, personal injury and insurance defense, landlord/tenant issues, eminent domain, and zoning and planning. His insurance defense work involves, primarily, premises liability, homeowners association liability, products liability, property damage, coverage issues, construction defects, worker’s compensation, and personal injury.
Click the icon for more information.
Mr. Romney maintains an “AV” rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating awarded to attorneys for professional competence and ethics.
- J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, Juris Doctorate, 2001, Cum Laude.
- University of Utah, B.S., Economics, 1998 B.A., History, 1998.
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Real Estate
- Personal Injury
- Eminent Domain
- Worker’s Compensation
- Zoning and Planning
Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar (all Utah courts)
- United States District Court, District of Utah
- Wyoming State Bar (all Wyoming Courts)
- United States District Court, District of Wyoming
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
American Inn of Court I, Barrister
Utah State Bar Association, Litigation Section
Salt Lake County Bar Association
- Cromwell v. A&S Constr., Inc., 2013 UT App 240, 314 P.3d 1008.
- Radakovich v. Cornaby, 2006 UT App 454, 147 P.3d 1195.
- Frito-Lay v. Utah Labor Comm'n., 2009 UT 71, 222 P.3d 55.
- Ameritech Library Servs. (DYNIX) v. Utah Labor Comm'n., 2009 UT 20, 218 P.3d 582.