Mr. Church is an associate with Plant, Christensen, & Kanell. His legal practice focuses on many different aspects of civil litigation including; personal injury, municipal defense, ADA compliance, and real estate/construction litigation. Additionally, he works with business clients in the areas of effective planning and formation.
One of Mr. Church's primary practice areas is government defense. He has successfully defended governmental entities and their officers against: complaints asserting the deprivation of civil rights, employment disputes, personal injury accidents, and premises liability claims ("slip and fall"). In addition, Mr. Church provides training to governmental entities and their officers regarding the Utah Governmental Immunity Act, Section 1983 claims, and other liability related topics.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Church was a law clerk with Plant, Christensen, & Kanell (2014), Legal Intern at Intermountain Healthcare (2013), and a law clerk at Blaisdell & Church (2012).
- S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah, J.D., (2015)
- National Moot Court Competition: New York City Bar Association Finalist
- University of Utah, B.S. Speech Communication, (2012)
- General Litigation and Appeals
- Municipal Law
- HOA Law
- Construction and Construction Defect Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- ADA Compliance and Defense Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Personal Injury
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to Practice Utah State Bar (All Utah Courts)
- United States District Court, District of Utah
- Foster Families of Utah (Board Member)
- Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake (Pro Bono Legal Services)
- The Family Support Center (Prob Bono Legal Services)
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Utah Municipal Attorneys Association
- Utah State Bar Association
- Salt Lake County Bar Association