Mr. Taylor joined Plant, Christensen, & Kanell in 2012. He began his legal career as a Judicial Clerk for the Honorable Richard Wagner in the Sixth Judicial District Court in Nevada. Following his clerkship, Mr. Taylor worked as a Deputy District Attorney for Humboldt County, Nevada. His current practice involves various aspects of insurance defense litigation including personal injury, products liability, bad-faith litigation, construction defects, property damage, and worker’s compensation claims. Mr. Taylor also has considerable trial experience in front of juries and has argued cases before both the Utah Court of Appeals and the Utah Supreme Court.
Mr. Taylor is as an associate fellow to the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation only, trial lawyer honor society whose membership is limited to less than one-half of one percent of North American lawyers, judges, and scholars. Fellows are selected based upon excellence and accomplishment in litigation and upon maintaining a superb ethical reputation. Super Lawyers has rated Mr. Taylor as a Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney. Mr. Taylor has also been named by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, a designation given to less than three percent of all attorneys that awards peer recognition and professional achievement. Utah Business recently listed Mr. Taylor as a 2017 Legal Elite.
Mr. Taylor enjoys spending time in time in the outdoors as well as spending time with his wife and four kids.
- Creighton University College of Law, J.D., 2010, Cum Laude
- Creighton Law Review, Student Articles Editor
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Dee Benson, United States District Court, District of Utah
- Dean’s Academic Scholar
- Creighton Legal Writing Center Associate
- Client Counseling and Negotiations Board Member
- University of Utah, B.S., Economics, 2007
- General Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Law
- Products Liability
- Construction Defects
Admitted to Practice
- Utah State Bar (All Utah Courts)
- United States District Court, District of Utah
- Utah State Bar Association
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
- American Bar Association