As a litigator and trial attorney, Mr. Seeley has extensive experience in mediation, arbitration, and trial. His practice spans commercial, insurance, public sector, and personal injury litigation. He has successfully litigated catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, large-loss subrogation actions, insurance bad faith claims, complex HOA disputes, municipal defense claims, professional liability claims, construction defect cases, and contract disputes.
Mr. Seeley has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a "Mountain States Rising Star" each year since 2015, and was included on Utah Business Magazine's listing of the "Utah Legal Elite" in 2018.
During law school, Mr. Seeley began clerking with Plant Christensen & Kanell and joined the firm as an attorney upon admission to the Utah State Bar in 2009. Prior to his clerkship, he interned for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Utah during the summer of 2007 and with the Utah Supreme Court in the summer of 2008.
Mr. Seeley enjoys hiking, sailing, reading, and spending time with his wife and three children. He also serves on the board of directors for the New Horizons Maritime Center, a Utah based non-profit dedicated to using traditional maritime activities to improve the lives of youth.
- J. Reuben Clark School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Editor In Chief, BYU Journal of Public Law, 2008-09
- Trial Advocacy Team, Member, 2007-08
- Utah State University, B.A., Journalism and Communications, 2003
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Subrogation
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Public Sector Law
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Agent/Broker Liability
- Construction Defect
- Homeowners Association Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to Practice Utah State Bar (All Utah Courts)
- United States District Court, District of Utah
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Utah State Bar Association
- Salt Lake County Bar Association